ANAFE in partnership with the Finish supported FoodAfrica programme implemented by various CGIAR Center including ICRAF, plans to conduct a training workshop for educators and researchers on “Effective communication with users of knowledge” from 13th to 16th October 2015 in Nairobi, Kenya.
The training workshop is geared towards sustaining impact from interventions in agriculture. Educators and researchers need to be equipped with effective skills to effectively communicate with users of knowledge. There is a great wealth of indigenous knowledge that would be studied more closely and appreciated if there is effective communication between educators, researchers and users of knowledge. Institutions have initiated experiential learning programmes as a positive move, but communication with the communities and target beneficiaries of knowledge is vital for the success of these programmes.
Workshop Objectives The objectives of the training are to:
1. Share experiences and lessons on best practices in communicating research outputs;
2. Equip educators and researchers with skills for effective communication with users of knowledge;
3. Provide participants with a manual on effective communication with users of knowledge.
The applicants must:
• Be university lecturers, scientists or college tutors involved with community linked programmes;
• Have a good record of scientific publications in the areas of agriculture, agroforestry, forestry, environment or any other similar area;
• Have experience in communicating research outputs to end users for impact.
Applicants are invited to send an application letter illustrating their suitability, together with detailed curriculum vitae on or before Friday 28th August, 2015. All correspondence should be addressed to the ANAFE Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org, copied to the ANAFE Communications Officer, Mr. Alfred Ochola at a.ochola@ cgiar.org. Successful candidates will be notified by 11th September 2015.